Google
WWW AIDSMYTH.BLOGSPOT.COM

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Dissent only for the Dissidents

A few days back I tried replying to an article on a dissident webboard about cervical cancer and HPV (human papilloma virus). Someone was trying to make the case that HPV was another HIV/AIDS situation, an unsupported virus cause of an illness. I tried posting an article showing that HPV was found in 98% of cervical cancer specimens, and that was only looking for the high-risk serotypes!

They banned me. They stopped my login from even being able to view the site.

Today someone has posted a request for a virologist to explain a certain concept about HIV.

How, if the moderators actively prevent anyone with an actual education in the field from contributing to the discussion?

This is also a measure of the denial out there - that the moderators will go so far as to prevent scientific fact about unrelated illness from being made available to their readers. It seems the dissidents are being treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed shit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

I should have guessed HPV would have dissidents too. It's as if people out there have turned skepticism into a religious cult.

Anyway, glad I found your blog.

-Brad

8:59 PM  
Blogger Bennett said...

Some would call science the new religion! After all, the concepts of molecular interactions, enzymes, antibody specificities - they all to some degree rely on a bit of faith!

I'll add your own site to my links section if that's okay - you seem to update more frequently than I do ;-)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

always happy to link and be linked. I've got one back to you as well.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home